Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"I Hate Genius Bars"

A most excellent rant from the man Connoisseur Magazine once called, "the inventor of the cigar bar." Because of his secret identity as a conservative in the entertainment industry, I can't tell you this superhero's real name, but those in the know, know of whom I speak. Enjoy:

These stupid-ass, VW-bug, daisy in the dashboard, Cubbies-hat, Birkenstock POS Apple computers and their people.

Here's the latest from the smug Starbucks-sipping a-holes who bring you the "Genius Bar" and those silhouettes of art school students dancing around like idiots with an iPod in their ears:

After standing in line at the Mac Store with my brand new computer in hand...the one that shuts down without notice all of the time... I had to leave it with them to
evaluate. After 5 days, they tell me they have to send it back to the factory to get a new logic board. And that I'll have to pay them to download the data off of
my new failed product of theirs. I tell them I need it now, even though it is screwed up, and that I'll bring it back after my trip out of town.

As I'm picking it up, I ask the service guy "does this happen a lot with these?" And he literally shrugs his scrawny shoulders.

THEN SOME RANDOM CUSTOMER WHO IS NEXT IN LINE SAYS "DOES IT SHUT DOWN ALL THE TIME?"

I said yes.

He said, "There is a new Apple download on your computer that will fix it." I look at the repair guy.

He says "uhh,I don't know if that will work all the time...."

The customer says, "IT WORKS. TRUST ME."

I Hate Apple. I hate genius bars. I hate the people who work at Apple or who even want to work there.

Rant off. Feeling better already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home